22. Aruba Instant 22
35. Thank you email@example.com 35
1. Agenda 1 Confidential – For Training – About Aruba (2 minutes) – Aruba portfolio overview (8 minutes) – Aruba Instant (10 minutes)
27. Aruba Instant Features – Zoning 27 - Multiple SSIDs can be created - An IAP can belong to only one zone and only one zone can be configured on an SSID. - If an SSID belongs to a zone, all IAPs in this zone can broadcast this SSID. If no IAP belongs to the zone configured on the SSID, the SSID is not broadcast. - If an SSID does not belong to any zone, all IAPs can broadcast this SSID.
32. Point to Point Mesh Link ( PtP ) • The portal is wired in to the building LAN, and the point builds a mesh link to the portal over the 5Ghz • Both portal and point can serve clients on their 2.4Ghz radios just as any other AP would, as well as the mesh point could backhaul a wired device, like a camera, another network, etc. 5Ghz Mesh Link 5Ghz Mesh Link 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz
23. How Aruba Instant works First Access Point configured Ready ... It becomes the “master” & performs firewall and controller functions Set ... New APs automatically connect to the “master” & download configuration Go!! Instant APs ✓ NO ONSITE IT NEEDED ✓ NETWORK SURVIVABILITY
25. Aruba Instant Features – Virtual Controller 25 - Virtual Controller is functionality running on one of APs in the Instant cluster - Upon boot – one of the AP is elected as Master AP (longest uptime, or presence of 3G/4G uplinks, it can be also manually forced) performing virtual controller function - Provides “n out of n” redundancy (cluster is running if at least one AP is up). Instant APs
15. Extending Your Enterprise with Remote APs – Light up a remote office with simple plug - and - play – Extends corporate Wi - Fi, wired, VPN and firewall – Easily connect printers and power VoIP phones – Enhanced failover options with a 2 nd ISP or cellular handoff 15
17. Switching That Meets the Needs of Today and Tomorrow Gigabit Access Multi - Gig Access Aruba 2920 Aruba 3810 Aruba 5400 POE+ SDN Ready Smart Rate Multi - Gig Ports Aruba 2530 AirWave & ClearPass Stacking VSF Aruba 2930F
24. Aruba Instant Basic features 24 - Up to 128 APs allowed - APs must be in same broadcast domain (management VLAN) or connected via mesh (next slides) - Local breakout (SSID to VLAN mapping) - No licensing - Each IAP (Instant AP) can be converted to controller based AP with a single click (but not the other way around AP cannot become IAP) - Mixing of different AP series is allowed (as long as they are on same firmware) - Mixing of indoor and outdoor APs is allowed. - Internal or external DHCP Instant APs
30. 30 Aruba Instant Features - built - in management interface • Network management • Single site/cluster • Guest access mgmt • Free • Web/SSH/ AirWave /VPN to Mobility controller
12. 270 Series and 228 Hardened AP Portfolio AP - 275 Integrated Omnis Dual Radio 11ac 3x3:3SS AP - 274 Connectorized Dual Radio 11ac 3x3:3SS AP - 277 Integ . Directional Dual Radio 11ac 3x3:3SS AP228 6 x RPSMA Dual Radio 11ac 3x3:3SS
20. AOS8 : Multiple tenants on the same access point with MultiZone LoCtrl2 CSw1 CSw1 LoCtrl1 Aruba 7200 Mobility Controller Aruba 7200 Mobility Controllers Network A Network B • Requires Mobility Master and AOS8 • SSIDs terminate on different controllers to ensure physical separation of traffic flows • Efficient use of Wi - Fi resources and reduced cost of AP hardware deployment
31. Aruba Instant Features – Mesh • Available with all APs with latest FW (both ‘n’ and ‘ac’, indoor and outdoor) • Connect the IAPs to a wired switch. • Ensure that the Virtual Controller key is synchronized and the country code is configured. • Ensure that a valid SSID is configured on the IAP. • If the IAP has a factory default SSID (instant SSID), delete the SSID. • If an extended SSID is enabled on the virtual controller, disable it and reboot the IAP cluster. • Disconnect the IAPs that you want to deploy as mesh points from the switch and place the IAPs at a remote location. The IAPs power on without any wired uplink connection and function as mesh points and the IAPs with valid uplink connections function as the mesh portal.
28. Aruba Instant Features – Captive portals 28 - Internal Captive portal - External Captive portal - Authenticate or Acknoweledge - Internal or External user database (RADIUS) - Facebook Wi - Fi (with override) - Walled Garden Functionality - Full ClearPass integration
16. Deployment flexibility for access points Same AP hardware Same workflows Controller Based Centralized encryption/switching Larger mobility domains AirWave Large sites, many branches Multi - vendor controller and switch support End to end diagnostics and health checks Controllerless (Instant) Many individual remote sites One user interface per cluster Central Cloud - based management Many independent branches INSTANT INSTANT CONTROLLER
7. 207 Series Access Points Making fast 802.11ac affordable for everyone • Dual radio 2x2:2SS VHT160 • 5GHz: 867Mbps max, 2.4GHz: 400Mbps max • Support for approved 5GHz bands in the future • Transmit Beamforming and Advanced Cellular Coexistence • Integrated BLE radio : locationing, beacon management • Temperature range: 0C to +50C • 1x GbE , 802.3af POE / 12Vdc, ~12W max • Same size as 205 series (150mm x 150mm x 40mm) Availability ArubaOS 6.5: Q4’FY16 ArubaOS 8: Q1’FY17 Instant: Q1’FY17
29. 29 Aruba Instant Features ARUBA CLIENTMATCH™ (PATENTED) • Intelligently steers devices to the best AP • Reduces “sticky” clients issues => fewer helpdesk tickets • No client - side software required Match to another AP REAL - TIME RF CORRELATION DEVICE TYPE INTERFERENCE LOCATION CONGESTION ✓ PREDICTABLE WI - FI PERFORMANCE
10. Positioning Multi - gigabit Ethernet with AP - 330 Series 330 Series (Wave 2) Supports HPE SmartRate; NBASE - T Transmit 4SS to 3 Wave 2 clients Upgrade to SmartRate capable switches to maximize Wi - Fi experience Wired refresh cycles are longer than Wi - Fi. Future - proof with HPE SmartRate . Ensure AP power redundancy with hitless PoE failover in case of primary link disruption 2.5GbE 1GbE
34. Single - Channel Multi - hop Mesh • Multiple points will build mesh links, or ‘hops’ to other points to extend the mesh using the same 5Ghz radio on each point, in a hop - by - hop fashion • This means that every ‘hop’ cuts the available bandwidth on each hop in approximately half (less some additional overhead) • This should only be used in cases where latency and throughput are NOT a priority 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 5Ghz Mesh Link 400Mbps 5Ghz Mesh Link 200Mbps 5Ghz Mesh Link 100Mbps
33. Point to Multi - Point ( PtMP ) • The portal is wired in to the building LAN, and multiple points build mesh links back to the portal over the 5Ghz • Caveat here is you want the points to be able to hear the other points, or hidden node issues could decrease performance. • Per - point performance will be determine by how many points per portal there are, as well as by the load on each node. • As with a Point - to - Point, I can also use mesh to extend the wired network to another switch, camera, etc. 2.4GHz 2.4GHz 2.4GHz
4. Aruba Products Overview Cloud networking Central with REST APIs to share context and program infrastructure Policy management ClearPass with a unified API library and Extensions repository Network management AirWave with northbound XML APIs for data consumption Network controls AOS8 with REST APIs to share context and program infrastructure Location analytics Analytics and Location Engine (ALE) with northbound REST APIs Micro - location services Meridian with mobile app development SDK and REST APIs 2930F Wired Infrastructure Switches Wireless Infrastructure APs, RAPs, Sensors, Beacons...
18. Cloud - based management with Aruba Central, and zero - touch Network configured & running 4 Plug in Aruba Instant AP or Aruba Switch 1 Secure connection (HTTPS) 2 Central* sends config details to AP/Switch 3 ZERO - TOUCH PROVISIONING NO ON - SITE EXPERT NEEDED *Now DHCP - based ZTP with 16.01 Activate - based ZTP with 16.02
2. WHO ARE WE? Source: Gartner Magic Quadrant for the Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure September 2015. Tim Zimmerman, Bill Menezes , Andrew Lerner, ID Number: G00277052 This Magic Quadrant graphic was published by Gartner Inc. as part of a larger research note and should be evaluated in the context of the entire report. The Gartner report is available upon request from HP. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at an d f or a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Lead ers " quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expr ess or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. “Clients globally should consider Aruba for all wired and wireless access layer opportunities.” Gartner MQ for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure, August 2016 Founded: 2002, IPO: 2007, Joined HPE: 2015 Intelligent Edge portfolio $2.4B+ annual revenue run rate “Biggest Small Company” High touch business model “Customer First, Customer Last” Home of 50K+ Mobility Engineers @ Airheads Community
19. Controllers scale from branch to campus 7030 Large branch Up to 64 APs and up to 8Gbps throughput Midsize branch with integrated switch 12 or 24 ports of PoE + for unified branches Up to 32 APs Small branch Virtualized or PoE - powered controllers Midsize Campus High performance, fixed form factor Up to 256 APs, 12 Gbps throughput Large Campus High performance, redundant power/fan 512 – 2048 APs, up to 40Gbps throughput 7240 7220 7210 7205 7024 (24 PoE +) 7010 (12 PoE +) VMC - TACT (8/16 AP) 7005/7008 (16 AP) Branch Campus
26. Aruba Instant Features - Intelligent traffic control with application visibility On - Board DPI − Depth - common apps − Enterprise traffic Cloud - Based Web Policy Enforcement − Breadth - less common apps − Web traffic ❑ App category ❑ Individual app ❑ Web category ❑ Web reputation ❑ Allow/deny ❑ QoS ❑ Throttle ❑ Log ❑ Blacklist GRANULAR VISIBILITY & CONTROL Prioritize business critical apps Block inappropriate content Enforce per user/device/location
8. 300 Series Access Points Entry level 802.11ac Wave 2 • Dual radio with internal (305) and external (304) antennas • 5GHz 3x3:3SS: 1300Mbp s max (3SS VHT80 clients) • 2.4GHz: 400Mbps max (2SS VHT40 clients) • Up to two MU - MIMO clients on 5GHz • Support for approved 5GHz bands in the future • Transmit Beamforming and Advanced Cellular Coexistence • AP - 304/IAP - 304: 3 x RP - SMA connectors for dual - band antennas • Integrated BLE radio: locationing, console access • Temperature range: 0C to +50C • USB host interface, 1x GbE , 802.3af/at POE / 12Vdc • New: Ethernet and power interfaces oriented parallel with back surface (instead of perpendicular) • ~12.9W normal operation, 19.2W with full USB load • Slight larger size than 205 series (165mm x 165mm x 45mm) Availability ArubaOS 6.5: Q4’FY16 ArubaOS 8: Q1’FY17 Instant: Q1’FY17
9. 330 Series Access Points: Flagship 11ac Wave 2 – Flagship AP , Wave 2 without restrictions or compromises – Adding VHT160 and 2.5Gbps (Smart Rate) Ethernet to 320 Series – Hitless POE failover, antenna polarization diversity (5GHz radio) – Dual radio, 802.11ac 4x4:4SS VHT160 and integrated BLE – 5GHz: 802.11ac 4x4:4SS MU - MIMO – 1,733Mbps peak datarate, and up to 3 simultaneous MU - MIMO client devices – 2.4GHz: 802.11n/ac 4x4:4SS – 800Mbps peak datarate (4SS/VHT40), 450Mbps at 3SS/HT40 and 144Mbps at 2SS/HT20 – Other: ACC feature for interference immunity , TPM for security , USB interface – Power: 802.3af/at POE or 48Vdc, 25.5W max from POE (25.3W without USB), 30.9W (25W) from DC – New: Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM) to monitor and optimize power consumption – Size: ~10% larger than AP - 325: 225mm x 224mm x 52mm – Availability: – Controller - base (AP): May price list, June shipping – Controller - less (IAP): August price list & shipping
21. Offer significant cost savings to operators of public venues, by eliminating use of separate Wi - Fi systems MultiZone : Use Cases and Benefits Airport Shopping Mall H&M Private Wi - Fi Levi’s Wi - Fi Uniqlo Private Wi - Fi Shopping Mall public Wi - Fi Public Wi - Fi Security Wi - Fi British Airways Wi - Fi United Airlines Wi - Fi Singapore Airlines Wi - Fi Air France Wi - Fi Give additional Wi - Fi sponsorship opportunities to your existing customers in public venues
14. 318 Series Access Points Hardened 802.11ac Wave 2 for warehouses, freezers, stadiums • Dual radio with external antennas • 5GHz: 1,733 Gbps max (4SS VHT80 or 2SS VHT160) • 2.4GHz: 300 Mbps max (2SS VHT40 clients) • Transmit Beamforming and Advanced Cellular Coexistence • Connectorized antenna ports for high gain large public venue antennas • 4 x RP - SMA for 5GHz antennas; 2 x RP - SMA for 2.4GHz antennas • Dual uplinks (one 1000Base - T, one 1000BASE - X SFP port) • Integrated BLE radio for location, wireless console access • Temperature range: - 40C to +60C; IP55 for water and dust • Max Power: 23W ( PoE only; must use PoE injector when using fiber SFP) • How does it compare to 228 Series? • Same size (222mm x 150mm x 75mm) • Replaces one RJ - 45 port with SFP (for LX or SX optics) • Adds BLE radio Availability Pricelist: Nov 6 th , 2017 S/W: ArubaOS / InstantOS 22.214.171.124 List Price $1395 US
13. 370 Series Access Points High Performance 802.11ac Wave 2 for outdoor environments • Dual radio with external antennas • 5GHz: 1,733 Gbps max (4SS VHT80 or 2SS VHT160) • 2.4GHz: 300 Mbps max (2SS VHT40 clients) • Transmit Beamforming and Advanced Cellular Coexistence • AP - 374: antenna connectors: four Nf for 5GHz, two Nf for 2.4GHz • AP - 375: integrated omni antennas • AP - 377: integrated directional (80 o H x 80 o V) antennas • Dual uplinks (one 1000Base - T, one 1000BASE - X SFP port) • Integrated BLE radio for location, wireless console access • Temperature range: - 40C to +60C; IP66/IP67 for water and dust • Max Power: 23W ( PoE or AC) • How does it compare to 270 Series? • Same sizes • Replaces one RJ - 45 port with SFP (for LX or SX optics) • Adds BLE radio Availability Pricelist: Nov 6 th , 2017 S/W: ArubaOS / InstantOS 126.96.36.199 List Price $1595 (374) | $1995 (375,377)
5. Hospitality Access Points Remote Access Points Indoor Access Points 200 Series Medium density ~1.2 Gbps 320 Series High Performance Dual uplink, 2.5 Gbps , BLE 330 Series Highest Density Dual uplink(one 802.3bz), 2.5Gbps, BLE 310 Series High Performance 1.7 Gbps , BLE 300 Series Medium Density Single uplink, 1.7Gbps, BLE 207 Medium density ~1.3 Gbps , BLE 103H 4 ports 802.11n RAP - 3 3 ports RAP - 109 2 ports 205H 4 ports 802.11ac 303H 4 ports 802.11ac Wave 2 203R 11ac 3 ports 203H 2 ports 802.11ac Flex radio Outdoor Access Points 270 Series Higher perf. (3SS) 802.11ac 360 Series High perf. (2SS) 802.11ac Wave 2 Rugged Access Points 228 Series High Density/Perf. Dual uplink, 1.7 Gbps Evolving the Industry’s Best 802.11ac Portfolio 318 Series High Density/Perf. Dual uplink (1 SFP), 2.0 Gbps , BLE 340 Series Highest Density Dual uplink(one 802.3bz), Dual 5GHz, 4.3Gbps, BLE 370 Series Highest perf. (4SS) 802.1ac Wave 2, BLE
11. 340 Series Access Points Highest Performance and Density 802.11ac Wave 2 • Dual radio with internal (345) and external (344) antennas • 5GHz: 2,166 Gbps max (4SS VHT80 or 2SS VHT160, 1024 - QAM) • 2.4GHz: 800Mbps max (4SS VHT40 clients, 1024 - QAM) • Transmit Beamforming and Advanced Cellular Coexistence • AP - 344: 4 x RP - SMA for dual - band antennas + 4 x RP - SMA for 5GHz antennas when operating in Dual - 5GHz mode (remove snap - on cover to utilize) • AP - 345: 8 x cross - polarized downtilt omni antennas (four dual - band, four 5GHz) • Dual - Radio (peak 3.0 Gbps ), Dual - 5GHz (peak 4.3 Gbps ) or Auto Modes • Dual uplinks with hitless PoE failover (one 2500BASE - T, one 1000Base - T) • Integrated BLE radio • Temperature range: 0C to +50C • Max PoE + Power: 21.9W in Dual - Radio mode, 25.1W in Dual - 5GHz mode • Intelligent Power Mode enables operation with 802.3af or 802.3at • How does it compare to 330 Series? • Same size (225mm x 224mm x 52mm) • Eliminates 5GBASE - T (optimize cost; no need for >2.5GBASE - T) • Eliminates dynamic antenna polarization (optimize cost; minimal loss) • Adds Dual - 5GHz Mode Availability Pricelist: Nov 6 th , 2017 S/W: ArubaOS / InstantOS 188.8.131.52 List Price $1395 US
6. Aruba 802.11ac Aruba Instant portfolio Model Location Density Vertical 300 Series Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) K - 12, Retail Hospitality 303H Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) Hospitality, Branch Offices, Remote Workers 310 Series Indoor High (75/115+ active) Carpeted space across verticals 320 Series Indoor High (75/115+ active) Higher Ed, Enterprises 330 Series Indoor Very High (100/150+ active) Higher Ed, Enterprises 360 Series Outdoor Moderate (50/75+ active) Outdoor, Warehouses WAVE 2 WAVE 1 Model Location Density Vertical 200 Series, 205H Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) K - 12, Retail Hospitality 203H Indoor Low (15/25+ active) Hospitality, Branch Offices, Remote Workers 203R Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) Branch Offices, Remote Workers 207 Series Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) K - 12, Retail Hospitality 210 Series Indoor Moderate (50/75+ active) K12, Hospitality, Retail, Carpeted space 220 Series Indoor High (75/115+ active) Higher Ed, Enterprises 228 Indoor Rugged High (75/115+ active) Indoor Rugged, Warehouses 270 Series Outdoor High (75/115+ active) Outdoor, Warehouses
- 37 Total Views
- 23 Website Views
- 14 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
Brochure SP ITCorporation80 Views .
SD-WAN SonicWall47 Views .
Licensing for Cisco DNA part 244 Views .
Servicios SP36 Views .
Brochure En ITCorporation36 Views .
TCP Congestion Control31 Views .
Licensing for Cisco DNA part 131 Views .
Agile POL Campus Solution Brochure V2.028 Views .
HUAWEI MA5800 OLT Introduction27 Views .
CISCO ONE FEATURES27 Views .
EG8145V5 Datasheet 0225 Views .
Transceiver Matrix Cisco Switch23 Views .
Servicios EN23 Views .
Data+Equipment+hus+2016+Aruba+Networks+21 Views .
Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches20 Views .
cisco_vs_hp_cli20 Views .
Catalyst 2960XXR Series Enterprise Switches18 Views .